To find an environmental value already established for a waterway, follow the links below:
Australian Capital Territory
- Community aspirations about environmental values for ACT waters have been given statutory status through the Territory Plan , while the environmental values for National waters within the ACT are given statutory status through the National Capital Plan.
New South Wales
- Water quality and river flow interim environmental objectives (NSW Environmental Protection Agency)
- Beneficial Uses ( Department of Planning and Infrastructure )
- Draft EVs and water quality objectives ( Qld Environmental Protection Agency )
- The Environment Protection Water Quality Policy 2003 has set default EVs for all surface and ground waters, which can be viewed in the policy ( Environment Protection Authority )
- Beneficial Uses – Groundwater ( Department of Sustainability and Environment )
- Surface water benefical uses can be found in the State Environment Protection Policy (Waters of Victoria) ( EPA Victoria )
- Benefical uses for Western Port can be found in this publication (PDF 1.17MB)
- Environmental values for Cockburn Sound are defined in the State Environmental (Cockburn Sound) Policy 2005 (Department of Environment)
- Environmental values may be found in NRM plans, catchment management plans, waterway management plans, and other relevant information for your area. Search here.